Dr. Lilia Larin
Dr. Larin has been practicing dentistry for 25 years in San Diego County. Dr. Larin's office is located at 202 Mile of Cars Way , National City, CA 91950. 619-477-1970. Since Dr. Larin started practicing dentistry she has kept up to date on many continuing education classes ensuring that her patients receive the the most comprehensive and advanced dental care possible. Dr. Larin is very proud to have her two sons Dr. Ricardo Peralta and Dr. Aldo Peralta join her in her practice
Advanced Training in Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Reconstruction, Pediatrics and Orthodontics.
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Diego County Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Hispanic Dental Association
- American College of Dentists
- American Red Cross
- San Diego Share the Care
- Mana de San Diego
- Latin Ladies of San Diego
- 2015 to present San Diego County Dental Society Board
- 2015 San Diego County Dental Society CE Committee Chair
- 2015 to present California Dental Association CDA PAC Council
- 2014 to present American Dental Association ADPAC Political Action Team Leader
- 2013 to present Damas de San Diego non- profit organization board member
- 2013-2015 Board Member Smiles for Success Foundation
- 2013-2014 MANA de San Diego non- profit organization board member
- 2012 National President of the Hispanic Dental Association; Washington DC
- 2008 National President American Association of Women Dentists , Chicago, IL
- 2007 President San Diego Academy of General Dentistry
- 2003 President San Diego Association of Women Dentists
- 2002 President and Founder Hispanic Dental Association San Diego Chapter
Award's and Recognitions
- 2015 San Diego Magazine 2015 Finalist "Latinos Making a Difference" Award
- 2013 San Diego Magazine 2013 Finalist "Latino's Making a Difference Award"
- 2012 "Colgate Palmolive Leadership Award
- 2008 Recognition "100 Most Influential Hispanics in the US" HIspanic Buisness Magazine
- 2007 Academy of General Dentistry Service Recognition Award
- 2007 President's Award American Association of Women Dentists
- 2007 Competent Communicator and Leadership Award Toastmaster's International
- 2007 SD Academy of General Dentistry Service Recognition Award
- 2004 and 2005 SD Hispanic Dental Association Service and Leadership Award
- 2008-to present Fellowship American College of Dentistry
- 2005-2015 Fellowship Academy of Dentistry International
- 2005- 2015 Fellowship Pierre Fauchard
- California Implant Institute Certification Award for the completion of the Surgical and Prosthetic Curriculum in Oral Implantology
- Invisalign Certification parts I and II
- 2004 Honorary Air Force Recruiter.
Community Service and Outreach
Dr.Larin is a Smiles for Success, CDA Cares , Give Kids a Smile, Flying Samaritans and Share the Care volunteer. She is or has been a adisory board member for San Diego Dental Health Coalition, San Diego Share the Care, Underrepresented Minority Dentists UCSF research program and the GYFT oral health research program for newborns and pregnant women.
Free Dental Sealant Clinic volunteer at Southwestern College Dental Hygiene School. Dr. Larin organize's Continuing Educational seminars for general dentists at the local, national and international level as well as free Dental Clinic's for children in Mexico.
Articles and Interviews
Women's Dental Journal 2002 "Abra La Boca Porfavor "Understanding and Providing Oral Care for the HIspanic Patient .
"The San Diego Association of Women Dentists" WDJ Chronicle
Hispanic Dental Association San Diego Newsletter editor 2002-2005
A variety of articles for the San Diego AGD, California AGD, HDA and the San Diego County Dental Society.
Dr. Larin has also been invited to appear on a variety of binational radio and television broadcasts as oral health expert and spokesperson for KPBS/KBNT tv speaking on topics such as Infant Prenatal Oral Health Care, Cosmetic Dentistry, Women's and Hispanic Oral Health Care Issues. Has also appeared in interviews with Chanel 10 news, UNIVISION television and Chanel 12 news.
Dr. Ricardo Peralta
Dr. Ricardo Peralta gained his passion of dentistry at a young age while assisting his mother (Dr. Lilia Larin) at South Coast Dental. His career choice was a very simple one, enrolling into the dental program at the University De La Salle .
As a dental practitioner, Dr. Peralta believes in preserving as much natural tooth structure possible. This minimally invasive approach ensures long-term success with highly esthetic result and minimal post-operative discomfort. His metal- free approach to restorative dentistry employs the use of materials that most resemble our natural tooth structure. Dr. Peralta is also a certified Invisalign provider, which allows him to correct the patient's bite into a more aesthetic and functional position using transparent trays. This method eliminates the use of metal brackets and wires. Employing caries management by risk assessment (CAMBRA) and laser assisted soft tissue management programs, Dr. Peralta presents a personalized course of treatment for each individual depending on their current oral situation. By using these systems, caries can be prevented up to 74% of the time, while preventing irreversible bone and tooth damage. In his time away from work, Dr. Peralta has extensive training in Sleep Apnea and enjoys spending time with friends and family, and traveling with his wife.
Dr. Aldo Peralta
Dr. Aldo Peralta gained his passion of dentistry from his mother Dr. Lilia Larin and his brother Dr. Ricardo Peralta . He is a Graduate of University of De La Salle Dental School . Dr. Peralta is dedicated to general, family and cosmetic dentistry and enjoys the surgical and restorative aspect of dentistry. He is committed to excellence and to making sure all his patients feel comfortable in a caring environment.